Forums » Suggestions

Engelhard to stop seeking trade o

• June 6, 2018 11:38 PM EDT

ORCHARD PARK, N. Justin Morneau Jersey .Y. - Bills receiver Mike Williams put an end to any talk of him wanting out of Buffalo.Though still not happy about being benched last weekend, Williams took his future into his own hands by saying he wants to continue playing for his hometown team and has ordered his agent Hadley Engelhard to stop seeking trade offers.I had to tell him, I dont want to be traded, Williams said following practice. At the end of the day, youve got to tell him, Im the boss, and I want to be here. So thats what I had to do.The comments were Williams first since general manager Doug Whaley revealed on Monday the Bills granted Engelhard permission to seek a trade. It happened a day after Williams was listed inactive for the first time this season in a 37-22 loss to New England.Williams said Engelhard informed him of his intentions to seek a potential trade following the game. Williams also defended his agent by saying Engelhard was merely doing his job.Though Williams accepted coach Doug Marrones decision to deactivate him, he was still hurt by the move.I mean, you ask yourself if youre a touchdown-scoring machine, and you feel like you can help the team win: Would you be disappointed? he said. Of course Im disappointed I aint playing. Anybody thats competitive, theyve got to be disappointed. I might as well retire if Im not disappointed.Williams is now turning his attention to getting a chance to crack the Bills 45-player roster on Sunday, when Buffalo (3-3) hosts Minnesota (2-4).Marrone didnt provide any hints as to when Williams will get a chance to play again.Williams was benched because Marrone needed to open a roster spot after learning starting defensive tackle Kyle Williams had a good chance to play after missing the previous week with a right knee injury.Williams became the odd-receiver out because fellow backup Chris Hogan also plays a role on special teams.Marrone was annoyed by the distraction Williams created, even though hes aware it was the players agent who prompted the trade request.Yeah, Im not going to lie, Marrone said. Someone elses problems all of a sudden become my problems.The benching was a first for Williams, who grew up in Buffalo and played under Marrone at Syracuse. He had never been listed inactive when healthy during his previous four seasons in Tampa Bay.And it was the latest setback for a player who was expected to play a vital role in Buffalo after the Bills acquired him in a trade with the Buccaneers in April.Williams had 216 catches for 2,947 yards and 25 touchdowns in 54 games in Tampa Bay.In Buffalo, hes had difficulty getting on the field behind rookie first-round pick Sammy Watkins and second-year receiver Robert Woods. Williams has eight catches for 142 yards, including an 80-yard touchdown in a 23-17 loss at Houston last month.Williams said the benching caught him by surprise after he had spent the week practicing with the starters, and also putting in extra time working with the Bills scout team. He was also unhappy with the timing of the decision, saying Marrone informed him on Saturday.I wear my emotions on my sleeve, Williams said. Id be upset every week I dont dress. ... But also know that Im a team player, too. It was nothing like I was trying go away from the team or anything.Williams was upbeat during the practice period that is open to the media on Wednesday.It was nothing different. I didnt change my routine, he said. I keep on playing for the Bills, keep on practicing hard.The only thing different is his objective.I wasnt one of the top 45 last week, Williams said. Hopefully, Ill be one of the top 45 this week.NOTES: The NFL trade deadline is Oct. 28. ... DT Marcell Dareus was excused from practice because of family reasons. He is expected to rejoin the team Thursday. ... Long-snapper Garrison Sanborn was limited in practice because of a knee injury. Without revealing who, Marrone said the Bills worked out two free-agent long-snappers as a precaution.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Minnesota Twins Jerseys . Weise left the arena with a splint on his wrist and underwent tests to determine whether the tendon is torn. Winger Travis Moen will also miss some time after suffering a concussion in Mondays contest. Kent Hrbek Jersey . Sources tell TSN that union executives travelled to select CFL cities Monday to open dialogue with players and answer questions. After the tentative deal was reached Saturday night, several players posted messages of frustration and disappointment on social media - and that carried over into Sunday on both the web and the field.TORONTO - After walking off the mound for the last time this season, J.A. Happ couldnt help but reflect.From struggling in spring training with back problems and starting the season in the bullpen, the Toronto Blue Jays left-hander closed his year on a high Saturday, throwing 6 1-3 innings of four-hit baseball in a 4-2 victory over the Baltimore Orioles.Its pretty unbelievable, Happ said of the difference between the way the season started and ended. Its kind of hard to imagine yourself in that position when youre in some tough circumstances, sometimes its tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel.Youve got to keep having faith and keep working, it pays off. It felt good to walk off the mound today with the fans cheering the way they were, and to have the lead in the game. It was great.Happ (11-11) recorded a quality start in each of his final seven outings at Rogers Centre this season and had a 2.47 earned run average over that stretch. He believes staying healthy, altering the angle of his arm on pitches and being able to adjust to hitters throughout a game have been keys to his success.I feel like Ive showed, over the second half especially, when healthy Im able to make adjustments, Happ said. Thats the biggest part of the game, I think, is constantly trying to be comfortable and make the adjustments that the hitters are making to you.Asked if he thinks hes made a strong case for the Blue Jays picking up his US$6.7 million option for the 2015 season, Happ said: Yeah, I hope so.Toronto manager John Gibbons said hes certainly going to make the case to Blue Jays general manager Alex Anthopolous to keep the 31-year-old veteran with the team for another season.I like everything about him, Gibbons said. I think hes really come into his own.Other than giving up a run in the second inning on a triple and a siingle and surrendering a booming solo home run to Adam Jones in the sixth inning, Happ was in command. Paul Molitor Jersey. He struck out four, walked two and threw just 93 pitches. He lowered his ERA to 4.22 for the season.He was really good today but hes been really good all year, Gibbons said. He really kicked it in after the all-star break. Hes proven hes a pitcher that can go pretty deep into games.It couldnt happen to a better guy. Hes a real pro. Hes really dedicated and he really works at it.Happ and the Blue Jays (83-78) benefited from some sloppy defence by the American League East champion Orioles (95-66), who committed three errors which led to two of Torontos runs.Wei-Yin Chen (16-6) took the loss, yielding three runs, one of them unearned, over six innings.Toronto left-fielder Kevin Pillar had two hits and scored a pair of runs, including an insurance run on a head-first slide in the seventh inning that was originally ruled an out but was reversed on a replay.It was one of those in-between fly balls and kind of playing with nothing to lose, Pillar said of the play that made it 4-2. The home plate collision is a real fine line and with catchers not trying to block the plate and staying out of the way. He didnt give me much of a lane, just a little bit of a lane.Im trying to avoid sliding head first but sometimes youve got to do what youve got to do.Jose Reyes, who supplied the sacrifice fly for that insurance run, had another run batted in, driving home Steve Tolleson with a double in the fifth inning to put Toronto up for good at 2-1.Aaron Sanchez had 1 2-3 innings of hitless relief and Casey Janssen worked a perfect ninth for his 25th save as the Blue Jays picked up their second straight victory.Toronto closes out the season Sunday afternoon looking for the three-game sweep of Baltimore. Cheap Jerseys Throwback Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback China NFL Jerseys ' ' '